cc-metadata - Re: metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Conrad Parker <conrad AT metadecks.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: metadata fun
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:10:27 +1000

Hi Jon, all,

I also just joined this list :) Inkscape, rock!

My work is mainly on audio and video software around Ogg (xiph.org) and
Annodex (annodex.net) -- Annodex involves putting generic, timed
metadata in media files, and surfing and crawling that in a web-like way.

I gave a presentation at the European Gnome conference GUADEC about
Annodex, and pushed Creative Commons tagging quite heavily in that.
Recently I've been chatting with artists, musicians and developers
about working together to make Free Software tools support CC tagging.

Various notes and bits and pieces are written up here:

http://kido.kfish.org/blog/

Last night we had an interesting discussion at the local Debian SIG,
and of course Open Clip Art came up in the discussion :)

cheers,

Conrad.