cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Bjorn Wijers <mailings AT bdisfunctional.net>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:42:23 +0200

Talking about getting people to devote some time to CC-related tools, it might be a good idea to contact some of the international CC crowd in starting up a more lively dev community for CC tools. What do you think about it? We could have the seperate part of the CC.org website dedicated to developers enhanced a bit with stuff like roadmaps/wishes etc? Stuff that lets people know the CC development is not 'dead' (ths site seems like this.. because of not so many updates..) If we can tap into the various international CC communities with clear questions we would have more of a chance to get a CC dev community.

I think it is very important to have easy accessible libraries/tools to use for developers (and maybe end-users as well) to make sure the embedding of CC metadate gets as widespread as possible and a lively dev community might be the right way to facilitate this. I'm curious as what are the plans of CC in combination with developers?

ps: Btw I am involved with the Dutch Creative Commons and I'd like to help out with this.

grtz
BjornW