cc-metadata - Re: metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Kevin Marks <cc AT mediagora.com>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: metadata fun
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:46:43 -0700

QT has a copyright field in it's general metadata. I put the CC license including link in that. eg

http://homepage.mac.com/kevinmarks/bacon.mov

Open in qt player to see the licence, which reads:

This work is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/";>Creative Commons License</a>

On Jul 20, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Jon Phillips wrote:

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 13:33 +1000, Mark Fallu wrote:
Hey folks,

What is the current state of embedding CC metadata in Quicktime? Do
you know if anyone has made a start on the .mov format?

It would be great to develop a library that would work on multiple
formats, and develop a generic system that could work for quicktime as
well to embed cc metadata.

I did a google search, but couldn't find much (although I stayed at
under 100 searches). I'm sure Mike, or others could speak to this
better.