cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:03:47 -0700

Bjorn Wijers wrote:
Talking about getting people to devote some time to CC-related tools, it might be a good idea to contact some of the international CC crowd in starting up a more lively dev community for CC tools. What do you think about it? We could have the seperate part of the CC.org website dedicated to developers enhanced a bit with stuff like roadmaps/wishes etc? Stuff that lets people know the CC development is not 'dead' (ths site seems like this.. because of not so many updates..) If we can tap into the various international CC communities with clear questions we would have more of a chance to get a CC dev community.

I want as much developer info as possible to live on the wiki -- I and the tiny CC staff just can't do the subject justice. There's http://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Developer, please improve it! :)

I'd love to tap the worldwide community for CC tech stuff, any advice? Maybe the partner web guidelines should mandate a link to a developer page (that's a joke!).

I think it is very important to have easy accessible libraries/tools to use for developers (and maybe end-users as well) to make sure the embedding of CC metadate gets as widespread as possible and a lively dev community might be the right way to facilitate this. I'm curious as what are the plans of CC in combination with developers?

I agree. I've done a crappy job of communicating with open source developers, it's a personal priority to change that. Immediately the plan is to move developer/tech info to the wiki, code discussion to the cctools-developers list, and be available on IRC. More stuff later...

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21