cc-metadata - Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-metadata] metadata fun
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:31:22 -0700

Jon Phillips wrote:
I'm thinking best to make a generic library for cc-metadata, and then
possibly could make a generic graphical library as well for cc-metadata,
but that is less likely in my mind because of all the diff. systems that
lib. would have to be accountable for.

I agree.

Great! It would be great to extract mots of the core functionality into
libraries and then cc-publisher would be a demo. I think this is a
better approach for trying to grow a community...don't get me wrong
though, ccpublisher is quite cool :)

The core cc-metadata functionality at least would be great to have in a library that can be used in many applications.

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21