baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:02:28 +0000 (UTC)

Plays mp3's properly online, but wma comes in bursts.

I have the same problem with wma's using uclibc-mplayer
at a station where I know the IP number:
mplayer -ao oss mms://202.7.7.90/rnz-cfm.

It seems to work OK for me:
--------------------------------
mplayer mms://202.7.7.90/rnz-cfm
--------------------------------
However, it is a 64kb stream so it
soon depletes the cache (because it
is too fast for my dialup connection).

It used to be 24K. The 64K explains why it comes in bursts.
Not mplayer's fault.

Steven, do you want to try to compile the
latest mplayer (v1.0rc2) to work with URLs,
wma, ogg and video? 9MB source code.

No. My current mplayer (with wrapper scripts)
does everything I want. It even works with
the Firefox plugin.

What Firefox plugin?

I will use what I compiled for streaming mp3 until I can compile something that also plays DVDs and oggs.

I downloaded a linuxpackages mplayer 1.0. Lots of skins, fonts, man and doc pages, vidix, kde stuff and two binaries mplayer and mencoder.

David's mplayer is entirely static, about 7.6MB with 3MB download. This is 7.3MB, with 6.6MB download.

libmad mp3lame freetype cdda_interface cdda_paranoia ungif fribidi gtk 2 (four of these) pango libraries, gobject gmodule glibc GL Xxf86dgs Xv Xxf86vm Xinerama artsc gthread esd audiofile

I do have the right glibc, libgpm , ncurses, nsl, png jpeg, z and even asound (where from?). I doubt this works with OSS. Probably includes a GUI interface. I play DVDs without X now.

In SW11 it lacks only libesd.so.0 and libmp3lame.so.0