baslinux - [BL] mplayer plugin

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mplayer plugin
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:01:31 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> > It's one of the standard plugin for Firefox (1.5).
> > It provides a Realplayer9 interface and a
> > WindowsMediaPlayer interface which output
> > via mplayer. By using this plugin I can
> > now stream several sites that I was unable
> > to stream before.
>
> Please explain.

Download the mplayerplug-in package. There are several
different versions. I am using version 3.31. You'll
find the plugin at various places. I'm not sure where
I got the package I am using, but I probably got it
from linuxpackages.net

The mplayerplug-in package contains .so and .xpt files.
The .so files go into your Firefox plugins directory.
The .xpt files go into your Firefox components directory.