baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer plugin

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer plugin
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:56:34 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Download the mplayerplug-in package. There are
several different versions. I am using version 3.31.

I found version 2.66 at linuxpackages, for SW 10.0.

Linuxpackages also has version 3.31

I will look again. I searched for mplayerplug-in and found only that one version. Perhaps it should be spelled differently.

which means it needs to play movies and access URLs
by name not number

It appears that the mplayer plug-in handles all the
interfacing and then pipes the stream to mplayer.
That is good.

the uclibc version (DNS problem)

DNS is not a problem with the plug-in. It appears
to do everything (DNS, playlist, etc.) before calling
mplayer.

Nice. I read that Seamonkey does not work with most Mozilla plugins so Firefox does have the advantage here. (Is there some way to remove the icons in the toolbars?).

http://www.classicalwebcast.com/europe.htm or usa.htm
There are still a few 17 20 32K stations left.

How do I use the plugin after copying the two files to /plugins and /components?

If I click on a link there is a popup about Realaudio and it asks me what program to use to open a file (smil, asp, ram). I browsed to /usr/local/bin/mplayer-0.93-glibc225 (that I compiled) and mplayer played.
I could tell it to always use this program for this file type (without manually editing a file as for links or lynx).

To exit I had to kill the process from another terminal.
How do I use the plugin instead?

CPR Denver works with mplayer directly. live_classical.asx
Also from Firefox or Seamonkey when I choose mplayer as the program.

mplayer directly will not play KOSU Oklahoma
mms://kwms.kosu.okstate.edu/Live
It is missing some codec. What codecs are you using now?
Does it work with the plugin?

mplayer does not seem to handle smil (Lyric radio Ireland)
Does your plugin?

so please do provide your script.

Even the 20K CPR station slows email down unacceptably.

Sox comes with something called play already (for wav files). mplay is not taken. Since all my radio scripts already have the word mplayer in them I will use my glibc mplayer for online music. I rewrote my one script for playing DVDs to use mplayer-uclibc and symlinked the mplayer version I compiled to 'mplayer' to use with everything else.

It must have taken you longer to write this script than I spent compiling! How did you figure it out? Does it take noticeably longer to start playing streaming audio with this script? (Unlikely at dialup speeds).

The name of the script is play. Execute play instead
of mplayer. It parses the parameters and, if it finds
a URL, it uses nslookup to change it to a dotted quad.
It then calls mplayer (using the modified parameters).
n=$#
[ $n = 0 ] && exit
TARGET=`echo $* | cut -d" " -f$n`
let n=n-1
[ $n -ge 1 ] && PARAM=`echo $* | cut -d" " -f1-$n`

echo $TARGET | grep -q :// ; case $? in 0)

START=`echo $TARGET | cut -d/ -f1`
URL=`echo $TARGET | cut -d/ -f3`
END=`echo $TARGET | cut -d/ -f4-`

n=`echo $URL | cut -b1`
case $n in 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9) ;;

*) echo $URL | grep -q :; case $? in 0)
URL1=`echo $URL | cut -d: -f1`
URL2=`echo $URL | cut -d: -f2`
NUM=`nslookup $URL1 | sed 1,4d | sed 's~Address: *~~'`

TARGET="$START//$NUM:$URL2/$END";;
*)
NUM=`nslookup $URL | sed 1,4d | sed 's~Address: *~~'`
TARGET="$START//$NUM/$END"
esac;;
esac;;
esac

exec /usr/local/bin/mplayer $PARAM $TARGET