baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:04:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

No. My current mplayer (with wrapper scripts)
does everything I want. It even works with
the Firefox plugin.

What Firefox plugin?

It's one of the standard plugin for Firefox (1.5).
For more information about plugins, enter the
following in the URL bar:
-------------
about:plugins

That page listed default plugins and a link to a list of other plugins including Adobe PDF, Adobe Flash, Shockwave Flash, Realplayer, Windows Media Player. Did you download and install the last two of these? How do you set them up to interact with mplayer? It looks like you actually have to download the Realplayer11 plugin, which is probably quite large.

You mention Realplayer 9.

Following a link to linux got me to Realplayer 10 and an mplayer plugin which you are supposed to download and compile. (The Java plugin section says to install java).

It provides a Realplayer9 interface and a
WindowsMediaPlayer interface which output
via mplayer. By using this plugin I can
now stream several sites that I was unable
to stream before.

Please explain.