baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:17:58 +0000 (UTC)

The only other problem I had with the new kernel/library
was the static mplayer. It lost the ability to do DNS
lookup. That means it fails to parse alphanumeric URLs.
Numeric URLs continue to work.

I got around this by writing a wrapper (bash script) for
mplayer that converts alphanumeric URLs before calling
mplayer. Let me know if you want a copy.

I compiled mplayer 0.93 but did not get it working with video (cannot play DVDs). It does play streaming mp3 from non-numeric URLs:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-glibc225-novideo.gz

About 1MB expands to 3MB.

Plays mp3's properly online, but wma comes in bursts.

I have the same problem with wma's using uclibc-mplayer
at a station where I know the IP number:
mplayer -ao oss mms://202.7.7.90/rnz-cfm.

I tried three stations with wma, using both versions of mplayer.
Do I need a new wma codec?

Steven, do you want to try to compile the latest mplayer (v1.0rc2) to work with URLs, wma, ogg and video? 9MB source code.

Linuxpackages has versions 1.0pre8 for SW10.2 i486.
Available from Slackware Brasil etc. 6.4MB. I will try it.
In an hour or so.

The later glibc will let us use a more recent gcc if needed.
(Which will break compatibility with the kernels and modules I already computer with gcc 2.95.3).

There is also David Moberg's script for streaming mp3 using wget and mpg123 (or use mpg321 or other mp3 player) but no buffer

wget -O - http://www.station.org:8000/ | mpg123 -

uclibc-static lynx 2.8.6 still works