baslinux - Re: [BL] GTK and locale problem (related to Seamonkey)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] GTK and locale problem (related to Seamonkey)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:25:25 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I copied BL2 to another partition and 'upgraded'
> glibc to 2.3.6 by copying over all the libraries
> in /lib that included *2.3.6*

That is not sufficient. You need to install the
entire glibc-solibs package from Slackware 11.
IIRC, you also need the elflibs package from
Slackware 11.

> I will ask The Answer Gang for help unless you
> want to figure it out.

There is no point trying to "figure it out"
until you have installed the complete library.
I have said this many times before: you should
install entire Slackware library packages.
It is easy to make a mistake when you try to
guess what is important and what isn't.