baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:00:49 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Steven, does abiword work for you in BL2?

No, the static abiword does not work with my modified BL2
(2.4 kernel, glibc 2.3.6). I replaced it with the dynamic
abiword 1.0.7 binary (the last version based on gtk1).

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/amigolinux/download/Applications/Editors/abiword-1.0.7/abiword-1.0.7-i486-1.tgz

> xv, xpdf, dillo, links2 -g (delilinux) and mtpaint load

The only other problem I had with the new kernel/library
was the static mplayer. It lost the ability to do DNS
lookup. That means it fails to parse alphanumeric URLs.
Numeric URLs continue to work.

I got around this by writing a wrapper (bash script) for
mplayer that converts alphanumeric URLs before calling
mplayer. Let me know if you want a copy.