baslinux - Re: [BL] GTK and locale problem (related to Seamonkey)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] GTK and locale problem (related to Seamonkey)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:31:57 +0000 (UTC)

Seamonkey 1.0 = Firefox 1
Seamonkey 1.1 = Firefox 2
Seamonkey 2.0 = Firefox 3

Seamonkey 2 is still alpha. It needs GKT2 and has 'modern' icons. I can get rid of all the Seamonkey 1.1.15 icons to save space.

1.1.15 was released March 19, 2009, so should be more secure than
Firefox 1.5 and offer more features.

So far all the sites look the same with both browsers except that I could not rid of icons in Firefox, so less screen is available to display the site. A 'getting started' line wastes space in Firefox. Click on a square at left of all the areas at page top in Seamonkey to get rid of them. Or browse full-screen (if you have F11 - I don't).

Firefox is using 4.8% and seamonkey 4.5% of RAM now.

Steven, can you get Opera to work with all the fonts in BL?
They work under SW11 but in BL2 with Xvesa only two fonts work, and they are not related to what I choose and are not all that legible.