baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:00:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Christof wrote:

2. How can I test whether the cardmgr operation is successful and
an interface for iwconfig (e.g. wlan0) exists?

Well, running ifconfig will show you all valid interfaces on your machine. You could also do lsmod to see if the module is actually loaded. iwconfig (no options) shows only wireless interfaces. Your wireless interface may not end up being wlan0, but some other. For example I have a ralink card and the interface is called ra0. I've never seen a wireless interface end up as eth0, but I think one of the cards Sindi was using ended up being eth0 (or maybe eth1)?

James