baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:17:08 -0400

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 09:33:17PM +0000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> make CFLAGS="--static" with uclibc (precompiled).
>
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-static GNU nano 2.0.4

Thanks for your efforts Sindi, and for the quick response. I've tried editing
a file with it and it is not working
quite right, though. For example if I enter nano filename at the command
line, it doesn't actually open the named file
but starts a new file with the name of the file specified (I used
autocompletion, so I'm sure the file name was entered
correctly). Wrapping doesn't work, as you mentioned, though the program tells
you it is on/off when you press the
designated keys. I was also unable to insert a file (ctrl r), and the keys
started doing other things than they are
specified for afterward (ctrl x did not exit the program, but asked me for
the name of a file to open). So, despite
your efforts and good intentions, it seems that this version of nano will not
be useable. Again, thanks for your
willingness to help and quick response. I'll just try and stick it out with
the older version of Pico I got with Pine.
Perhaps in the future I will try my own hand at some compiling against uclibc
or libc5.

Sincerely,
James