baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:33:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

I need an editor that does wordwrap.

Anyone up for compiling a recent version of nano

BL1 used nano/pico (61kb libc5 version).

statically against uclibc?

There's a statically compiled nano in the dietlibc
collection. Personally, I've had some stability
problems with dietlibc executables, but nano might
work OK for you.

Heck, I'd even settle for one compiled statically
against libc5. Or even one dynamically compiled.

make CFLAGS="--static" with uclibc (precompiled).

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-static GNU nano 2.0.4

246K static against libc.so.0/ld-uClibc and libncurses and libgcc_s.
121K dynamic against all these (not posted, I use it in uclibc).

nano supposedly will write a file in DOS format (useful for printing without dos2unix), or Mac format, indent, wrap at #cols, invoke a spell program, or read-only. Move to start/end of line, paragraph, file, etc.
Search and replace, cut and paste....

Alt-L turns wrap it on and off but it is not wrapping.

The BL2 pico (48K, a minimal nano 1.0.9) does not use ncurses but is dynamic against gpm. It does not justify. Ctrl-G does not print out help. --help gives much less info than for nano.

Sindi

If you have an old copy of BL1, you can get a dynamic
nano from there (in /usr/bin). Or you might find a
more recent pre-compiled nano floating round the net
somewhere.