baslinux - [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: BL listserv <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:14:44 -0400

I'm running into the same problem under BL3 that Mikkel did some time ago: I
need an editor that does wordwrap. e3 is
nice and wonderfully compact, but it is obviously not intended for non-coders
who need to write in prose. I would
happily stick with it if it could do wordwrap, but I can't see any way to
make that happen (just as Mikkel could not).
I tried Mikkel's ae which looked promising. It does do wordwrap and is also
very small. But it seems to disregard my
xmodmap file and so several crucial keys on this non-standard keyboard do not
work under ae (all the keys work fine in
an xterminal, btw). So, I'm in the same boat as Mikkel was, looking for an
alternative wordwrapping editor--except that
his solution doesn't work for me.

Anyone up for compiling a recent version of nano statically against uclibc?
Heck, I'd even settle for one compiled
statically against libc5. Or even one dynamically compiled. Whatever it take
to get a decent wordwrapping editor. I
suppose I could always download Pine from Slack 4 which would get me Pico.
It's a big download over this slow dialup
connection I'm on, and I wouldn't use most of the package. But if no one's up
for compiling nano, I'll end up getting
Pine.

Thanks,
James