baslinux - Re: [BL] ppp conection error

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ppp conection error
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:08:46 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> when I try to connect the following error appears:
> "receive serial link is not 8-bit clean"
> "problem: all had bit 7 set to 0"

What kind of modem are you using? PCMCIA (laptop)?
ISA (card that plugs into the motherboard of 386 or
486 computers)? PCI (inside Pentium computers)?

The majority of PCI modems are cheap winmodems.
They usually only work with Microsoft Windows.

If you have a PCMCIA or ISA modem (or a non-Windows
PCI modem), please tell us the speed of the modem
and send us a copy of your eznet config file. Then
we should be able to help you.