baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:28:05 -0400

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 12:25:05AM +0000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-glibc225-dynamic.
> (fixed a typo - don't type while uploading)
>
> > The glibc-static version is 691K stripped. Do you want a copy?
>
> I compiled it again to 615K with --enable-tiny --disable-nls
>
> --disable-mouse --disable-spellcheck

Thanks for your continued efforts, Sindi. I tried it and, while it works
better than the previous uclibc version, it
lacks some important things. For example the help menu (accessed by ctrl g)
is disabled: I use that with some
regularity since I just can't remeber all the key combinations. But more
importantly, the feature that looks like it
would be most useful for me--auto line-wrap/unwrap--is not included either. I
guess I may have to break down and
install newer libraries and try the dynamic one you compiled. Or maybe try my
own hand at some compiling--if I can find
time to set all that up in the not-too-distant future. Anyway, thanks again
for trying.

Sincerely,
James