baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:02:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 12:25:05AM +0000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-glibc225-dynamic.
(fixed a typo - don't type while uploading)

The glibc-static version is 691K stripped. Do you want a copy?

I compiled it again to 615K with --enable-tiny --disable-nls

--disable-mouse --disable-spellcheck

Thanks for your continued efforts, Sindi. I tried it and, while it works better than the previous uclibc version, it lacks some important things. For example the help menu (accessed by ctrl g) is disabled: I use that with some regularity since I just can't remeber all the key combinations. But more importantly, the feature that looks like it would be most useful for me--auto line-wrap/unwrap--is not included either. I guess I may have to break down and install newer libraries and try the dynamic one you compiled. Or maybe try my own hand at some compiling--if I can find time to set all that up in the not-too-distant future. Anyway, thanks again for trying.

Sincerely,
James

I uploaded the 'tiny' version which must have disabled those features.
I know Ctrl-G works in the full version.

I just compiled a 685K static version, non-tiny. I left out mouse and spellcheck and nls support. I will upload it shortly to

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-glibc225-static-nomouse

Have you tried a small vi? It can be set to wordwrap. There is one in
busybox (not in the BL3 version). How does e3vi work?