baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:13:53 -0400

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 06:02:27PM +0000, Sindi wrote:

> I just compiled a 685K static version, non-tiny. I left out mouse and
> spellcheck and nls support. I will upload it shortly to
>
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/nano-glibc225-static-nomouse

Thanks Sindi! The desired features seem to work fine in this one. The
wordwrap/unwrap feature doesn't actually unwrap
text that's already gotten wrapped, which I was kind of hoping it would. It
only applies to text you begin typing
_after_ you've issued the command. But the help menu works. It's an
improvement over Pico so I'll just go ahead and use
it unless I find an editor that can wrap and unwrap already-written lines.

> Have you tried a small vi? It can be set to wordwrap. There is one in
> busybox (not in the BL3 version). How does e3vi work?

I can't figure out what all the fuss is about vi. Maybe it could do what I
need if I knew it well enough and was
capable of doing some tweaking with it. Problem is, I don't have time to
learn it. And it's just counter-intuitive
enough that I just can't sort of feel my way around to even make a beginning.
What an awkward set of keystrokes just to
exit: who ever thought up such a thing?

vi and emacs are probably both capable of doing something along the lines of
what I need. But unless someone can get me
kick-started with some initial basic instructions, I'm afraid there's not
much chance of me trying either any time
soon.

Thanks again,
James