baslinux - Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordwrapping editor redux
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:04:35 +0100

Thus, it seems a better solution might be a pseudo-wordwrapping editor, if
there
is such a thing. In other words, an
editor that wraps text only on the display but not in the file itself. I
suppose
another option would be to let pico
make end of line breaks where it will, then run a script on the file that takes
out > those end of line breaks. But then
you're back to sqaure one if you ever want to open and edit the file again.

Well you seem to be on the same problem that I was. I can't work with
the way that pico, nano, joe, jove, wraps the line, therefor only
thing on console for me is ae.

Doesn't it work to make a separate ae.rc for X use the way I describe here?:

http://www.home.no/mlinux/ae.htm

X11 editor Nedit can do this kind of word wrap in X11 but it might be
bigger. In mulinux we add on called TCL with Tcl/Tk. (An interpreter
that can run some scripting languish ) On this there are some small
graphic editors and as I remember some of them do the "virtual word
wrap). But they need Tcl/tk to be installed on the sys.
As it is scripts I think they will work If you install Tcl/tk from SW4
and then download the mulinux addon

http://mulinux.dotsrc.org/download.html

and unpack it. (i think it is a tar, bz2 archive). And what are they
called. I think one is just edit or xedit one is August and that is a
html editor.

/Mikkel