baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:35:28 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

Sindi wrote:

> Alt-F1 brings up the menu but then you need a mouse to use it.

No you don't. The arrow keys can be used.
If the arrow keys on your strange keyboard
dont't work, I suggest you edit .jwmrc and
put in keys that do work on your keyboard.

> I am trying to test the fs.img mounted as a loop
> from within ext2 BL2.

That's not the best way to do it. Some
things are not going to work right.

> I chrooted to it
> chroot /mnt /bin/sh --login
> (I can also mount /proc if I want).

You must mount /proc. Otherwise many things go wrong.

> I tried to run /etc/rc but e2fsck is in there
> and objected.

It's looking for C:\BASLIN
I suggest you remove that line.

> Startx works but
> rxvt: can't execute "bin/bash"
>
> Why does rxvt need bash when chrooted?

I have no idea. It is weird behavior (that doesn't
happen when the filesystem is booted the usual way).
Nevertheless, I will add a dummy /bin/bash to BL3.50

> How can I fix this?

edit /bin/bash
exec /bin/busybox ash $@

Then: chmod +x /bin/bash