baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:25:10 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

David wrote:

> If I use it in an rxvt, and resize the rxvt window to
> full size (800x600 resoltion), it appears to be limited
> to only the first 80x24 characters of the rxvt

Yes, I've noticed some slightly odd behavior from
the busybox less. I wonder if the subsequent versions
of busybox had any fixes for less? If so, I might be
able to incorporate them.

> When executing 'man foo', where foo is any nonexistent
> manpage, less displays nothing but a cryptic message
> about 2000+% of the file viewed.

Thanks, I'll fix that.

> Will the /root/.less and .lesskey files allow us to
> modify any settings in busybox less?

Good question. I don't know whether the busybox less
recognizes them. If not, I will delete them.

> /usr/man/xli.gz is somewhat hard to read, with the
> line breaks

I'll have a look. Where were you reading it? From
links? From the CLI? Inside an xterm?

> I notice that we have mkfs.ext3 and e2fsprogs
> integrated in busybox now.

Apparently. I certainly wasn't trying to get ext3,
but that's what the compiler spit out. There doesn't
appear to an option to leave it out of the ext2 applet.
Maybe it will be useful to someone? It certainly isn't
useful to me.

> This probably isn't a new issue, but if I click the
> HEX button, then SCI in calctool, it immediately
> segfaults. Is this my machine, a bug in calctool,
> or something else?

I get the same result here with the old BL3. It looks
like a bug in calctool. The SCI key also segfaults in
other combinations. Something appears to be wrong with
the scientific-notation routine. Perhaps something
lacking in the libc5 libm?

Is calctool actually useful to anyone? I don't use
it myself but it seems to have some pretty powerful
capabilities. I would happily replace it will a much
smaller non-scientific calculator (which I have).

> I don't really like the start menu (right-click on
> desktop is quicker)

That works too. The user has a choice.

Thank you for your input. I'll definitely look into
those issues.