baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:31:26 +1000

Hi Steven,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:06:34 +1300, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>> I am able to beta-test BL3.5 as a loop installation,
>> if that will help.

> It is here: http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/fs_img.gz

Done. Set up. And run as loop.

> Keep in mind that this is a pre-release version.
> Some things may not work. Please tell me if you
> find any problems and I will fix them before the
> proper release of version 3.50.

Everything I have tried so far has worked.

I am using the loop on an AMD K6, 600 MHz, 256 MB RAM, Diamond Stealth 2
MB video card, and with a RealTek ethernet card (I added the module for
that).

I have been on-line OK.

I have added the mc.tgz from the BL3 add-ons page. It all works, and I
still have over 12 MB available, even after adding my own background
image for the JWM. (http://www.ausreg.com/files/fract030.gif)

I haven't added anything else because it IS a beta-test, but it booted
and ran like a champion. :)

The extra utilities with JWM are a nice touch.

I know it's early days, but it looks like you are on a winner !

I suppose the fun will start when each of us starts to add our own
favourite applications.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke