baslinux - Re: [BL] Scanner

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Scanner
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:59:58 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

Christof wrote:

> Could you please make the addresses visible again.
> Thank you.

Yes, I agree that it is convenient to have members'
names and addresses on the messages. However, some
members have been getting unwelcome messages sent to
them. I have had a request to remove the addresses
(which I have done).

If users welcome unsolicited emails, they should put
their email addresss at the bottom of their messages.
This can be done automatically by putting the address
in the signature file which is provided by Sylpheed
and other mail clients.

I hope this will not inconvenience members too much.