baslinux - Re: [BL] Busybox binaries

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Busybox binaries
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:09:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================

The busybox less is bad. I'm getting some
significant problems. Looks like we go back
to the full less.

The busybox e2fsck and mke2fs are working
perfectly for me. I've made and checked
several partitions and files without problem.
Badblock checking works fine too (in fact it
works better than in BL 3.4).

Sindi reported a problem with e2fsck, but that
was on a weird partition. Has anybody else
had a problem with e2fsck?

On the same computer and drive where busybox e2fsck would not work with the first two partitions (containing BL3.40 and BL2), I made a fourth partition using BL3.50 fdisk and mke2fs, and BL3.50 e2fsck worked with it. I remade the partition with DOS PQMagic (which also formats) and it still worked, before and after installing to hd.

What might be odd about my two previously existing partitions, that don't work with the busybox e2fsck but do with BL3.40 full e2fsck? Is there a way to tell if they have some unusual format? I made the partitions with either PQM or BL3, because I know BL3.40 e2fck does not work on BL2-made (newer style) partitions and it worked on these.

I have been mounting BL3.50 to loop, and BL2 and BL3 mount will not unmount the loop. This leads to BL2 running e2fsck the next time it boots. I think this may also happen if I don't unmount an ext2 partition before rebooting, after I chroot to it. Maybe this has messed things up beyond what busybox e2fsck can handle.

I have not checked if the latest busybox mount can do better.

I will keep a full BL3 e2fsck and use that just in case.