baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:32:58 +0000 (UTC)

I chrooted to it
chroot /mnt /bin/sh --login
(I can also mount /proc if I want).

You must mount /proc. Otherwise many things go wrong.
I am not allowed to mount proc. Device or resource busy.

I tried to run /etc/rc but e2fsck is in there
and objected.

It's looking for C:\BASLIN
I suggest you remove that line.

Okay. The system is mounted because I had to mount it to chroot to it.
Should I also remove the e2fsck line from rc? Can I e2fsck the
filesystem before mounting it to chroot?

I commented out the DOS line and the e2fsck line.
I ran rc.

set still gives me the path from BL2, following the path for BL3, and environment settings from BL2 (such as pilot for the PDA).

How would I get rid of them and only have BL3.50 settings?

Now I am certain I have only one rxvt, made via the menu, and it is not
accessing the aliases such as edit, d, or links. Is this related to
chrooting? My path is still that of the BL2 I chrooted from.
Profile sets aliases and path. rc also sets path. I had better edit and
use it.

ash: edit: not found.

I still don't have aliases. I thought logging in accessed profile.

It would be handy to be able to run BL3.50 from inside another linux.

I was hoping to use it online after dialing with BL2 but ping says unknown host when run from BL3.50 (to which I chrooted).

I will plug in an external modem to test it online if this chroot cannot be made to work. I have a free working serial port on this computer.