baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 03:39:54 +0000 (UTC)

It is here: http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/fs_img.gz

Done. Set up. And run as loop.

On a 1.2GHz machine where loop BL3.4 worked, with a rivafb card that works
with Xvesa.

The X setup routine worked perfectly. X started.
Ctrl-Esc did not produce a menu but the screen looks more like icewm or
Windows 98 than swm did.

Links loaded. I can't test it without first copying over the lucent modem modules and device, but it works offline to view the pxm and jpg files. I like the new start menu.

The wm menu is much improved. I liked all the access to things like top and du and df and the various setup programs.

I can cd to /usr/man, type d, and get a list of pages that I can then click on to read (with zless from links). Is there some easy way to add to the menu a way to display this list with links? I made a script that does the above and typed the name of the script in an rxvt.

The rxvt started from the menu does not find the alias 'd'. Someone mentioned a way to start rxvt such that it logged into a shell and found aliases in /etc/profile.

The menu does not list wp, or e3pi. The people I set up computers for liked wp for writing and printing things.

There is no man page for jwm. I don't think it supports any keyboard navigation except Alt-F4 to close a window and ESC to close a menu. But neither did swm.

My arrow keys do not navigate in JWM.

I have an 84-key keyboard and use the number pad arrow keys, by choice. (This puts the F keys where I am used to finding them, and closer to my hands).

They work for links in a console. But in console mode I have no viewer.

Links can be used with a mouse when run in an xterm.
I numbered the links (using a mouse to access the menu).

The arrow keys do not work in e3pi run under X.
I can't use a mouse there instead.

In the old BL3 the arrow keys work correctly in X with icewm or swm.
I have not done any keymapping there.

How might I fix the arrow key problem?

Sindi Basiclinux