baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:55:32 -0700

Steven wrote:

> Is it on any of the sites for download yet ?

It is here: http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/fs_img.gz

Keep in mind that this is a pre-release version.
Some things may not work. Please tell me if you
find any problems and I will fix them before the
proper release of version 3.50.

Looks good. The new busybox works fine so far, with the exception of
the 'less' applet.

less:
1) If I use it in an rxvt, and resize the rxvt window to full size
(800x600 resoltion), it appears to be limited to only the first 80x24
characters of the rxvt
2) When executing 'man foo', where foo is any nonexistent manpage,
less displays nothing but a cryptic message about 2000+% of the file
viewed. Press q to quit. I would have preferred a message like a full
man implementation would output, e.g. 'No such manpage foo'. Should be
an easy fix, just add to the script.
3) Will the /root/.less and .lesskey files allow us to modify any
settings in busybox less?
4) /usr/man/xli.gz is somewhat hard to read, with the line breaks

I notice that we have mkfs.ext3 and e2fsprogs integrated in busybox
now. So that must be how you eliminated libe2fs. The only non-busybox
executable in /bin is setterm.

This probably isn't a new issue, but if I click the HEX button, then
SCI in calctool, it immediately segfaults. Is this my machine, a bug
in calctool, or something else?

I don't really like the start menu (right-click on desktop is quicker)
but I see that the menu can be turned off in .jwmrc. But otherwise, I
think this is a great progression for BL3. Good job!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Steven.

David