baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:35:03 +0000 (UTC)

On a 1.2GHz machine where loop BL3.4 worked, with a rivafb card that works
with Xvesa.

I tested e2fsck on a partition made with PQMagic that the old e2fsck from
BL3 works with.

e2fsck /dev/hdb2 - 1 sec later it said it was clena.

e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hdb2

A long time later
Error reading block 1097696 (Invalid arg) while reading indirecto blocks
of inode 576125
Ignore error <y> ?

If I type n - segfaults out of the program.

if I type y -
Error while iterating over blocks in node 516124: Invalid argument.

And much more of the same. After a while I tired of typing y and exited.

Then switched to the old BL3 and ran e2fsck and it corrected a lot of
errors.

Ran this one e2fsck again and it did the same as before.

Ran BL3.40 standalone e2fsck again and it corrected one inode.

I don't think this e2fsck is usable.

Someone else please test it on an unimportant ext2 partition.

As requested, I did
e2fsck -f /dev/hdb3

It behaved as above.

I made my partitions with DOS PQMagic. The BL2 and BL3 e2fsck always work correctly with them. I tested two different partitions with similar results.

BL3 e2fsck was too old to work with partitions made with BL2 fdisk which is why I used PQMagic. I could have used BL3 fdisk instead.

I can't use this busybox e2fsck on my partitions. I will stick with the full version and add it to BL3.50 if necessary (and use 3.40 for rescue disks).

I found xmodmap in BL 3.50 and can try modifying my keymap so that my arrow keys will work.