baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:23:15 +1300

=============

Sindi wrote:

> The X setup routine worked perfectly. X started.
> Ctrl-Esc did not produce a menu

They keyboard controls are at the bottom of .jwmrc

> but the screen looks more like icewm

Yes, it reminds me of icewm (which I like a lot).

> than swm did.

swm looks like a minimalistic wm (which it is).
jwm looks more like a mainstream wm -- it even
does clickable icons (which I did not do for BL3).

> I tested e2fsck on a partition made with PQMagic
> that the old e2fsck from BL3 works with.
>
> e2fsck /dev/hdb2 - 1 sec later it said it was clean.

That sounds OK, what happens when you do:
e2fsck -f /dev/hdb2

> I don't think this e2fsck is usable. Someone else
> please test it on an unimportant ext2 partition.

I've tested this e2fsck on three different
partitions and a loop file. It worked fine
on them all.