baslinux - Re: [BL] Archive searching

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Archive searching
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:04:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, sindi keesan wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Greg Mayman wrote:

I received a message this morning re the archive searching link on
Steven's Basiclinux support page, that it has been fixed.

Well, it still doesn't work on my computer with links2 under Ron
Clarke's 50M loop distro of BL3..

It works for me in ext2 BL2 with links2, links-0.93, and lynx.

If I could do a screen snapshot I could show you what I mean, but what i
see is one line finishing with <A and the next line starting with HREF=
and so on. This is all in plain font, not highlighted as a link, and
clicking anywhere on the related characters does nothing.

You are seeing the underlying HTML with all the tags, rather than the
rendered version. Ron, does this also happen when you use your loop
version of BL?

Works for me in loop BL3 with links-0.90.

To fix your problem try typing \ .

If you look in the menu (ESC, View) you will see that this toggles html on and off.

Links has very little documentation but the menu is self-explanatory once you hit ESC to show it. ESC toggles it off again.