baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:43:49 -0800

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 06:20:39PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> The little 1-floppy USB linux with kernel 2.4.31 worked for me with USB
> keyboard and mouse. zgv -M for testing the mouse. (But it won't boot on
> all computers, needs something changed in the boot setup to be more
> similar to a previous version without the nice automatic mouse setup which
> I never got around to doing or really understood, so maybe David has time
> to make the required change). I don't recall if the package included
> kernel config, but you can see what modules were used with his 2.4 kernel.
> It is posted at my site
>
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31
>
> and at David's site, which is linked to BL3.40 site.

wget http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/bzImage.431.gz

I booted up BL3 with it, no modules, and X works fine! Mouse
and keyboard.

Not only _that_, but my serial card/port was also configured!

(Thanks not only to your kernel, but to Steven's new
setserial.)

Now, all I have to do is get the chat script for eznet composed
and I'm on the internet with BL3, which for _me_ will mean that
it's a functional OS.

Thanks a bunch,

Lee