baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:58:47 -0800

Lee Forrest wrote:

wget http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/bzImage.431.gz

Now, all I have to do is get the chat script for eznet composed
and I'm on the internet with BL3, which for _me_ will mean that
it's a functional OS.

Download and extract the
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/userspec.tgz.431 file, too. It
contains modules (which may be useful to you later) and also an
updated pppd, which you will need to connect to the Internet with BL3
and a 2.4 kernel. When you try to connect for the first time, it
should tell you how to make a /dev/ppp (necessary for Linux 2.4 PPP
networking). After that, it should work without any intervention.

I don't know why this kernel works automatically with your
keyboard/rodent combo and the Debian kernel doesn't.

BTW, the pppd from that userspec package is statically compiled. It
will work with BL3, but if you prefer, I can build a libc5 version.

HTH,
David