baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:49:03 -0800

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 04:06:01AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Lee Forrest wrote:
>
> lots of emails.
>
> You sure have perked up the list recently.

Merely a catalyst. It was waiting to happen.

> One time nobody posted for a couple of weeks and people started
> to send test messages to see if it was broken. (Usually I clog
> it regularly).

No comment ;-)

> The rest of us are also learning from your experiences, tho I
> can't follow half of it.

Well, I can't follow all that wireless PCMCIA stuff either, though
I read it carefully and wish I could help.

> I learned I don't want a USB computer with half-height slots.

Indeed. Although it has been a very dependable machine. The only
thing I have had to do is recently replace the power supply
because the fan went bad.

(The CPU is passively cooled, so I keep the cover off and just
rest an open manila folder on the top to keep the dust out.)

> Did Debian ever compile anything for you?

Oh yes. I built many different 2.4.19 kernels with it.
Using the same sources.

That's why its failure now so baffling.

Lee