baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:20:39 +0000 (UTC)

The little 1-floppy USB linux with kernel 2.4.31 worked for me with USB keyboard and mouse. zgv -M for testing the mouse. (But it won't boot on all computers, needs something changed in the boot setup to be more similar to a previous version without the nice automatic mouse setup which I never got around to doing or really understood, so maybe David has time to make the required change). I don't recall if the package included kernel config, but you can see what modules were used with his 2.4 kernel.
It is posted at my site

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31

and at David's site, which is linked to BL3.40 site.

I have no USB hardware. I neither know nor care much
about USB. I have not tested the USB modules and make
no claim about whether they work or not. I simply
compiled the modules that were there. So far everything
I have tried on my hardware works fine.