baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: qx84-pvhu AT dea.spamcon.org
  • Cc: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:45:51 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> I'm still trying to get my plastic rodent to work, and
> thought it would be wise to compare my debian xconfig
> and my BL Xconfig

There is no connection between them. BL3 uses Xvesa
with a dummy Xconfig. Debian (I assume) uses a proper
Xserver, with a real /etc/XF86Config.

As I suggested before, installing a proper Xserver will
probably be beneficial. Xvesa is a rough-and-ready cludge
designed to work (mostly) on a variety of hardware. It
may be the smallest, most universal way to run X, but it
is often not the best way.