baslinux - [BL] Xvesa

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:31:38 -0800

I'm still trying to get my plastic rodent to work, and thought it
would be wise to compare my debian xconfig and my BL Xconfig and
consult the Xvesa manpage.

Which is a _crackup_! Read the page and your first impulse is
to flee the premises :-)

<quote>

* Run at your own risk.

* hang your system, or cause your monitor to explode; you are on your own.

* You don't want to use this option.

* the display will almost certainly be trashed.

</quote>

After standing out on the road for a while, I took a deep breath,
girded my loins and went back inside to face the beast.

Ended up deciding to put "verbose" in the Xconfig and see what it
says the next time I boot up. But first, I'm renting a hazmat suit!

Did you edit that manpage, Steven? Perhaps after smoking a wee bit
of a certain popular herbaceous annual?

Lee