baslinux - Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:28:44 +0000 (UTC)

Odd about X. I will check BL3 with my 2.4.31 kernel.

Pretty sure it has to do with the configuration of my kernel,
rather than anything inherent in it.

Here are the error messages. I couldn't get them into a file
using redirection and remembered a 'trick' a Unix guru showed
me a long time ago: A screenshot taken by opening another tty
and from there executing 'cat /dev/vcs1 > file'. It was all one
long line with ^G (bell/alert) between every character. Ran it
through sed to remove the ^G and fold to replace the newlines
(more-or-less).

Clever.

Nothing stops a real Linux Runner! No X? No screen? No GPM?
No problem. :-)

<#>startx
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k net-pf-1, errno =
2 _XSERVTransSocketOpen: socket() failed for local

BL has no modprobe, unless you want to symlink it to insmod.
Is kmod some way to load kernel modules?
That makes sense. Thanks. It's a new mode of operation for me.

Time to fire up the
4-wheeled-planet-killing-slave-financed-war-machine and report to
Korporate Amerika for a few hours. Got to pretend that I am actually
earning the incredible material over-abundance that owns me, like
all the rest of the world's Middle-Class elite.

Lee

Can't you run a home programming business? You seem to know enough.
I work at home using a DOS wordprocessor and linux for the scanner and to do other things that I no longer need Windows for.