baslinux - Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:53:09 -0800

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> I booted BL3 with my 2.4.19 kernel from debian and it
> configured the serial port just fine. But I lost X.

Interesting... another problem with Xvesa. I suggest
you install a proper Xserver (instructions are on the
BL3 homepage).

I don't think that will help. The problem seems to be missing network
support in the Debian kernel. (It wants an extra module but it can't
find modprobe since BL3 does not use it.)

The old computer scene is a lot fun. And it's very economical.
Why buy $1000 hardware, when $20 hardware provides similar
functionality (using appropriate software).

I find my PII-class machine to be overkill for just about anything on
BL. Sindi says that people throw out even newer computers where she
lives.

David