baslinux - Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB modem and wireless, was Development Tools for BL (fb)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:05:56 -0800

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 07:53:09AM -0800, David Moberg wrote:
> 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > > I booted BL3 with my 2.4.19 kernel from debian and it
> > > configured the serial port just fine. But I lost X.
> >
> > Interesting... another problem with Xvesa. I suggest
> > you install a proper Xserver (instructions are on the
> > BL3 homepage).
>
> I don't think that will help. The problem seems to be missing network
> support in the Debian kernel. (It wants an extra module but it can't
> find modprobe since BL3 does not use it.)

On my debian, while running X:

cat /proc/modules:

ppp_deflate 38912 0 (autoclean)
bsd_comp 3936 0 (autoclean)
ppp_async 6688 1 (autoclean)
ppp_generic 16908 3 (autoclean) [ppp_deflate bsd_comp ppp_async]
slhc 4480 1 (autoclean) [ppp_generic]
agpgart 20704 4 (autoclean)
iptable_filter 1728 1 (autoclean)
keybdev 1664 0 (unused)
mousedev 3744 1
usb-uhci 20676 0 (unused)
hid 19104 0 (unused)
usbcore 53856 0 [usb-uhci hid]
ide-scsi 7552 0
ide-floppy 11840 0
unix 13412 10 (autoclean)

Which module is needed, do you think? I can move it over to BL3
and have it loaded at boot.

[delete]

Lee