baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:20:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, James Miller wrote:

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

just to use the --help feature? Does qemu --help work for you, James?

No. I get "invalid option" when I issue qemu --help. Same for qemu

Do you have libasound?

I would type 'qemu' but my computer will no longer boot. (I think I need to replace the power supply, it does this frequently). Perhaps it was not X or Abiword that caused the problem. Power on, monitor goes to green then yellow light again. Might work in the morning.

Anyone know why a DVD drive (other computer) can't find a CD in it now, and sometimes won't open when you press the button or give software commands, and sometimes is not found by DOS or linux, or mplayer works once but next time without rebooting won't find the disk? Would it help to clean the lens or replug the cable or is it electronic?

We learned that a bad CD-ROM drive can interfere with finding hard drives on the other controller and with booting, that the area where a partition table resides can go bad, and that a loose power connector can keep the computer from finding a hard drive (three different computers now work).

-help. In case it's of any further interest, I get the same results on my
Ubuntu system. I think if you want a sort of qemu help screen you simply
issue qemu without any further arguments or options.

James