baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:13:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
I am going to try to compile netpbm-uclibc dynamic, which requires libjpeg
- is that available somewhere precompiled for uclibc or do I need to
compile it first? (I won't bother with tiff and png libraries.)

Go ahead and compile it. The only major source of uclibc binaries is
http://people.debian.org/~andersee/uwoody/main/binary-i386/
and it is for an older, incompatible version of uclibc.
David

Apparently it does not require libjpeg. Netpbm requires libtiff and libpng for tiffs and pngs, but for use on a camera I only need to be able to handle jpegs, which libnetpbm seems to do already. Maybe I can delete any unwanted programs in .c form before compiling, to save time.

I will first get rid of the garbage file on my camera SM card as suggested by you in another posting with rm -r -- *, and remember to umount /dev/sda1 before unplugging it so as not to garbage it up again.

Then I should hopefully have the option of either chrooting to the little 8MB (or 5MB) linux with netpbm and zgv in it, or compiling a netpbm uclibc-dynamic, copying it to the card (which is DOS formatted) and running it from the 1-floppy USB linux.