baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:36:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

What is cc symlinked to? ls -l `which cc` The link is supposed
to be to your compiler (gcc): ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc
or cd /usr/bin; ln -sf gcc cc

/bin/cc -> /usr/bin/ccache*

What is this? 28K

There is also a /bin/gcc - 76K.

Very odd. I have a /bin/cc too. But for some reason, it doesn't
work until I set up a link /usr/bin/cc -> /usr/bin/gcc.

Do you have any idea why uclibc was set up this way? Is it a bug that needs reporting?

I had made the cc -- gcc link and got the same error messages when I tried to use 'make' with the slightly edited Makefile.config (removed svgalib). Maybe I need to fix another line in it.

I was able to compile pilot-link and busybox with cc pointing to ccache - maybe they call for gcc not cc.

Now that I have a full linux working on the camera memory card I don't
really need a dynamic netpbm and might just give up for a while until I
have more time. Unless you saved ulibc perl and can post a copy.

It's large. And I don't think it will solve your cc problem.

I presume I have multiple problems. I will remake the link from cc to gcc. If I post the last part of my Makefile.config could you suggest how to change it to work in uclibc so I don't need perl?

David