baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:35:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Do you have any idea why uclibc was set up this way?

No. To me, it appears to be a poor attempt at getting cc to
work.

Is it a bug that needs reporting?

No.

I had made the cc -- gcc link and got the same error messages when I tried
to use 'make' with the slightly edited Makefile.config (removed svgalib).
Maybe I need to fix another line in it.

I don't think so. Can you try removing /bin/cc so that `which cc`
is /usr/bin/cc? This should work if /usr/bin/cc is a symlink to gcc.

I am not at that computer right now but will do so in a couple of days.

I was able to compile pilot-link and busybox with cc
pointing to ccache -
maybe they call for gcc not cc.

Most linux source code calls gcc. cc is usually for multi-platform
software.
Maybe I can edit the makefile to call for gcc instead of cc.

I presume I have multiple problems. I will remake the link from cc to
gcc. If I post the last part of my Makefile.config could you suggest how
to change it to work in uclibc so I don't need perl?

I thought it was working fine, but it was looking for gcc and
tripping on the broken /bin/cc.
Okay, I will point it at gcc somehow, maybe in the Makefile.config, which was made to point to cc in regular not uclibc linux.

David