baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:34:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I need perl to configure. I tried to configure (which just edits
Makefile.config) using the non-uclibc part of BL2, where I do have perl,
but it won't make.

How would I edit Makefile.config for use with uclibc?

Don't know. I always use perl and let the script do whatever
it wants with that file.

Have you compiled perl and required libraries for uclibc?

This file says there is a libvga.so and there is not - it must have found
one in the regular /usr/lib - do I change to none? Same for
LINUXSVGAHDR_DIR = /usr/include - change to none?

Probably.
Done.

Configure added a CFLAGS line which looks like the one it got stuck on in
make (the part after cc -c below)

Make:
First it entered directory /src/netbpm-10.31/buildtools (which exists and
contains typegen.co and a Makefile) then

cc -c -03 --ffast-math -pedantic -fon-common -Wall
-wno-uninitialized -Wmissing-declarations .... typegen.o typegen.c
cc: Not a directory
make [3]: *** [typegen.o] Error 1

What is cc symlinked to? ls -l `which cc` The link is supposed
to be to your compiler (gcc): ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc
or cd /usr/bin; ln -sf gcc cc

/bin/cc -> /usr/bin/ccache*

What is this? 28K

There is also a /gin/gcc - 76K. It did not help to symlink cc to it.
cc: No such file or directory.

To run perl I would need libdb.so.3 and libgdbm.so.... (I have the
other dependencies). How did you compile netpbm with uclibc?

I built perl from source code one time (it doesn't require
anything that is not in the uclibc root, iirc) and the other
time, when I made libc5 netpbm, I used perl with glibc first
and then moved the configured netpbm source into the
libc5 root.

Now that I have a full linux working on the camera memory card I don't really need a dynamic netpbm and might just give up for a while until I have more time. Unless you saved ulibc perl and can post a copy.

I might use my time to compile some linux CAD program. That and Wordperfect or VDE and a DOS database program whose linux version does not work are all I am still using frequently in DOS (and kermit so I can print emails from the shell account).

David