baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux, was Re: BL loopback version in Windows XP command window

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux, was Re: BL loopback version in Windows XP command window
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 03:11:43 -0000

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
I mounted /dev/sda1 to /mnt and copied usbcam to it in /linux directory.

I could not chroot to the camera. - input/output error

cd /mnt/linux
ls

I got a list of directory names each with input/output error, except for
/boot /dir /sbin /lost+found
I could cd to any of these four and ls the files in them.

This is a hardware problem. Or perhaps a usb driver problem.
Is your camera plugged into an AC/DC adapter? If not, try
fresh batteries. Is the USB cable securely in the port(s)? If
you are using a UHCI, try the alternate driver. Or try a
different camera if you have one.

David

The CF card is in the USB card reader. Your 1-floppy linux and also the larger 2.4.31 kernel (booted with BL2 or BL3) recognize and let me mount the card and transfer usbcam to it. We can try two cameras next. And the other uhci driver. And then the SM card in a different card reader (it won't work in this CF_SM one).

We can also try a different uhci computer and an ohci computer.

I am able to ls the directories but not ls -l them (input/output error) or cd to them. Very consistently I can cd to /sbin but not /bin.