baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:36:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I then cd'ed to the directory containing my image file and typed
cp usbcam8 /sda/usbcam

I got a long error message:
SCSI disk error: host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 .....
Raw sense data:
I/O error -- dev: 08:01, sector 129

Is there something wrong with my memory card?

No, I get messages similar to that and haven't had any
corruption. Usually I see the above message if I'm using
uhci.o instead of usb-uhci.o. Some minor host controller-driver
disagreement.

Your userspec.tgz does not seem to contain usb-uhci.o, just uhci.o

Netpbm does jpeg but not png or tiff formats. You can add libtiff and
tifftopnm and pnmtotiff but you will also have to find space to edit huge
files in outside of this linux. I don't know if I can mount the rest of
the memory card from within this linux - I might need to add the usb
modules to do this, or do modules stay loaded when you chroot?

They stay loaded.

I was unable to mount /dev/sda1 /mnt after chrooting. Can you find some way to access the rest of the memory card after chrooting to a loop linux on part of it? Should I insmod usb-storage again after chrooting?

David