baslinux - [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:51:17 -0800

There is a new mplayer binary available at my geocities site.
It is version 1.0pre7try2 instead of 1.0pre5. In addition to
bugfixes, the new version has a couple of useful features,
including svgalib support and faster mpeg2 decoding.

A new feature, not a bug, is that the -dvd-device switch
no longer works. symlink your dvd drive to /dev/dvd and
it will work.

The older version is still available at the same location;
I will remove it once I verify that no one is having problems
with the new version. I will also, at the same time, upload
mencoder (I moved it into a seperate package) and
patches to let you switch to a dynamic/differently
configured mplayer binary. Please test the latest version
and help identify bugs that need to be fixed.

As before, this binary ought to work on both BL3 and
BL2. BL1 will not work; this binary requires a kernel
newer than 2.2.5.

Thanks,
David